The Five Tyrolean Glaciers
Glaciers are mountains with that little bit more: more snow, more sun, more views and more fun on the slopes.
That is true not only in winter but all year round. There are 638 of these magic mountains in Tirol and five glacier ski resorts: Kaunertal, Pitztal, Sölden, Stubaital and Hintertux.
All in all they offer almost 300km of perfectly prepared pistes for high-speed cruising. Visitors can look forward to a wide range of slopes for all abilities as well as high-altitude cross-country skiing trails and snowparks guaranteeing plenty of sun, fun and action on the snow.
The huts and guesthouses on the icy glaciers offer a warm welcome and fabulous views. Foodies will find plenty of fine dining locations and stylish cafés at over 3,000m altitude, while party animals can look forward to spectacular season opening parties, sporting competitions and exciting events
Last, but by no means least, is the majestic alpine nature at 3,000m above sea level. As well as 360° views of the surrounding mountains, visitors can experience what it is like inside a glacier with a visit to the underground caves and their breathtaking ice crystal formations.
The 5 Tirolean glaciers at a glance.
- 300km of pistes catering for all abilities
- over 100km of off-piste variations, ski routes and freeride lines
- 76 modern cable cars and lifts
- 5 cool snowparks and funparks
- top-quality cafés, bars, restaurants and hotels
- viewing platforms with eye-catching designs
- refreshing snow events and glacier parties
- snowsure slopes and skiing fun all year round